NVIDIA began rolling out Android 6.0 Marshmallow to it’s NVIDIA Shield TV this week via over-the-air(OTA) update. NVIDIA Shield TV users should see a notification appear indicating the update is available for download and installation. Marshmallow brings a visual refresh, storage features, optimizations, Vulkan API and more. For more information on Android 6.0 Marshmallow features, I’d suggest checking out the official website.
NVIDIA wasn’t done with just they’ve also included additional changes –
- Upgradable storage and home screen customization
- Quick access to the power menu on the homescreen by long pressing the “Back” button
- Seamless switching between surround sound and headset audio in Netflix app
- Wireless support for SHIELD controller when charging via USB, including headset audio and voice search
- Improved color support for YUV 4:2:0 video playback
- Option to set 1080p 60Hz resolution on Ultra HD TVs
- Option to set RGB Full Range via Settings > HDMI > Dynamic Range
- Improved support for Denon receivers and CEC volume control for more audio receivers
They’ve also optimized and made available the following new games – Real Racing 3, Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories, Oddworld Munch’s Oddysee, Dead Effect 2, Minecraft Story Mode and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.